Riverside Public Utilities
Covid-19/Coronavirus Update
  Pay Your Bill |   Subscribe |   Outages |   Help? |

About RPU

Customer-owned since 1895.


Find answers to our customers' most commonly-asked questions.


What if I have a power outage or water emergency?
For power or water emergencies, call (951) 782-0330.

What if I just have a general utilities question?
For utilities payment issues, engineering-, media-, or rebate program-specific info, call (951) 782-0330.

What if I just have a general city question?
For general city service questions, call 311 (or 826-5311).

How do I start/stop/transfer my power and/or water service?
Submit a start, stop, or transfer service form or call (951) 782-0330.

Where can I get help understanding my bill?
Visit our understanding your bill page for a complete breakdown and clarification.

How can I start payment plans to help budget my water and electric bills?
Check our payment options & plans for a full breakdown of our plans.

What should I do if I spot a downed powerline?
Powerlines kill. Don't go near them. Call 911. See our notice.

How can I contact or get info on trash and recycling?
You can visit the Public Works Trash & Recycling Division website or call (951) 826-5341.

Where can I find general sewer info?
Go to the Public Works Sewer Division website or call (951) 826-5341.

What if I have a sewage problem?
For sewer problems, call Public Works at (951) 351-6140.

Where can I find assistance for low-income households?
Take a look at our SHARE program or call (951) 955-4900.

Where can I get special rates for customers using medical support equipment?
Utilicare is a medical support program for residential electric customers. To help offset the added expenses certain medical equipment places on the household budget, the Utilicare program provides an adjusted rate structure for its use. Find out if Utilicare can help you or call (951) 782-0330.

I'm a contractor or developer - how can I find the water division?
See our water engineering section for assistance with development and construction, as well as tools and resources to help you carry out your work. You can also call (951) 826-5285 for assistance with water development-specific questions.

I'm a contractor or developer - how can I find the electric division?
Navigate to our electric engineering section for building permits, applications, requirements and assistance with development and construction.

How can I get a free presentation for my classroom?
Teachers and students can find help or schedule an appointment on our education programs page or call (951) 826-5485 for more information.

Can I see some of RPU's recent projects?
You can view RPU's current water and energy projects right on our website.

Where can I find information on residential rebates
Find rebates for residents in our residential rebates section.

Where can I find information on business rebates?
See our business rebates section and get money back in your pocket for saving water and energy.

Where can I find information on sustainability and green initiatives?
Go to our sustainability page or visit GreenRiverside.com for everything sustainability-related in Riverside.